PhreakNet is the premiere BBS for phreaks and telephone collectors everywhere. Chat, messaging, games, and exclusive file access available through the BBS. We have 23 modems in our modem bank. POTS connections are recommended but VoIP connections at 2400 baud also work well. Find the local access number nearest you at https://bbs.interlinked.us
ProLine BBS, running on a custom version of the KEGS Apple IIgs emulator, running on Amazon EC2 Linux Server. Features a contemporary usenet feed, 30-year historical usenet feed, and selected RSS feeds. Login as “guest”, “cowsay”, or “adduser”.
Part-Time was the longest running Atari 8 bit BBS in the Cleveland Ohio 216 area code. It was originally up from from 1985 to early 2000. Part-Time was also one of the first BBSs to run BBS Express Pro! software. Part-Time’s Pro! node number is 7!
This version of the BBS was recovered with back-up disks from 1990. It includes restored messages/message bases from 1988-1990, some restored file sections, and several original online games.
Particles! BBS is a retro-themed BBS, running on retro-themed hardware. However, when we started in 1992, we weren’t retro… the world has just started catching up to us now 🙂 We’re running on a Commodore 128D, with 640K of RAM (which should be enough for anyone….). Also:
- 50,000+ Commodore 64, 128, CP/M, Vic-20, Plus/4 files (PAL and NTSC), GEOS, MODs and more!
- Retro Usenet – read messages like it’s 1985!
- Usenet – Yup, a Commodore BBS running Usenet. I wrote the module, so I know it works 😉
- Doors doors doors.. Everything from Empire to … wait, there’s other stuff besides Empire?
- Active! That’s a rarity. Since we re-rolled the board in August 2014, we just rolled over 38,000 calls, 25,000 messages, and over 900 users.