ProLine BBS, running on a custom version of the KEGS Apple IIgs emulator, running on Amazon EC2 Linux Server. Features a contemporary usenet feed, 30-year historical usenet feed, and selected RSS feeds. Login as “guest”, “cowsay”, or “adduser”.
Part-Time was the longest running Atari 8 bit BBS in the Cleveland Ohio 216 area code. It was originally up from from 1985 to early 2000. Part-Time was also one of the first BBSs to run BBS Express Pro! software. Part-Time’s Pro! node number is 7!
This version of the BBS was recovered with back-up disks from 1990. It includes restored messages/message bases from 1988-1990, some restored file sections, and several original online games.
Particles! BBS is a retro-themed BBS, running on retro-themed hardware. However, when we started in 1992, we weren’t retro… the world has just started catching up to us now 🙂 We’re running on a Commodore 128D, with 640K of RAM (which should be enough for anyone….). Also:
- 20,000+ Commodore 64, 128, CP/M, Vic-20, Plus/4 files (PAL and NTSC), GEOS, MODs and more!
- Retro Usenet – read messages like it’s 1985!
- Usenet – Yup, a Commodore BBS running Usenet. I wrote the module, so I know it works 😉
- Doors doors doors.. Everything from Empire to … wait, there’s other stuff besides Empire?
- Active! That’s a rarity. Since we re-rolled the board in August 2014, we just rolled over 12,000 calls, 4500 messages, and almost 600 users.