ProLine BBS, running on a custom version of the KEGS Apple IIgs emulator, running on Amazon EC2 Linux Server. Features a contemporary usenet feed, 30-year historical usenet feed, and selected RSS feeds. Login as “guest”, “cowsay”, or “adduser”.
Old Amiga Scene BBS from the 90’s Now restored from a backup and running emulated in the cloud.
Part-Time was the longest running Atari 8 bit BBS in the Cleveland Ohio 216 area code. It was originally up from from 1985 to early 2000. Part-Time was also one of the first BBSs to run BBS Express Pro! software. Part-Time’s Pro! node number is 7!
This version of the BBS was recovered with back-up disks from 1990. It includes restored messages/message bases from 1988-1990, some restored file sections, and several original online games.
Particles! BBS is a retro-themed BBS, running on retro-themed hardware. However, when we started in 1992, we weren’t retro… the world has just started catching up to us now 🙂 We’re running on a Commodore 128D, with 640K of RAM (which should be enough for anyone….). Also:
- 20,000+ Commodore 64, 128, CP/M, Vic-20, Plus/4 files (PAL and NTSC), GEOS, MODs and more!
- Retro Usenet – read messages like it’s 1985!
- Usenet – Yup, a Commodore BBS running Usenet. I wrote the module, so I know it works 😉
- Doors doors doors.. Everything from Empire to … wait, there’s other stuff besides Empire?
- Active! That’s a rarity. Since we re-rolled the board in August 2014, we just rolled over 12,000 calls, 4500 messages, and almost 600 users.
The Pharcyde is a great BBS dedicated to messages, doors, and ANSI artwork. We have Zeronet and DOVE-Net message networks, which are both very active, and local messages are posted daily. Tons of door games, from old to new, and including InterBBS games! We also have an extensive ANSI artpack collection dating from 1993 to present. Running a VERY modded Synchronet setup with tons of ANSI graphics and lightbar menus. Telnetting this BBS is a MUST!! We’re waiting to be delighted by your presence!