Old school Worldgroup BBS in Louisville, Ky. Original beta testers for MajorMUD along with many other games, including Tradewars and Swords of Chaos.
- Tradewars 2002 (Gold)
- Solar Realms Elite
- Legend of the Red Dragon
- Lord II: A New World
- Planets: The Exploration of Space
- Barren Realms Elite
- Falcon’s Honor
- The Arcadian Legends
- Falcon’s Eye
- DoorMUD: Land of the Forgotten
- Additional games by BBS Link
Message & File Networks
Arcadia BBS has many tools available to aspiring programmers. Several compilers and tools are available for download. Dozen’s of door driver and BBS door creation toolkits are available for almost every programming language.
Attempted running my BBS on a new Raspberry Pi Zero W…but being a Linux noob and not currently able to figure out several issues with connecting…went back to Windows 7. Currently…am a member of fsxNet/WWIVNet/SciNet/FidoNet/MicroNet/VKRadio/Door Party.
Since going back to Windows 7 from Raspbian on the Pi Zero…all of my doors are running in Door Party and Quazar’s Game Server. This allows me to be able to have almost 200 doors from old DOS text adventures to common BBS standards from TW2002 and my favorite…Bordelo without spending time attempting to get DOS x86 doors working and most/all of them being registered.
My shameful BBS plug!
The Amiga Frontier BBS
(Yes, you’ve guessed it, All Amiga!)
Amiga Files, Amiga Echomail (and Online Games!)
Running Enigma 1/2 -0.12
C=Net, FSXNet, CyberNet, & FidoNet
15,000+ all Amiga files (and adding more!) files
Networked Doors Games!
Dial-in/Modem line VERY soon!
Web: frontierbbs net
telnet: frontierbbs net:8888
SSH: frontierbbs net:8889
Tell all your Amiga Friends!
Are you looking for something different? Absinthe BBS aims to be the most unique and fun BBS currently in operation! There isn’t another board like this one anywhere. Features:
- The largest collection of quality Amiga BBS doors including the first NEW release in almost 20 years, game servers, a fantastic Interactive Fiction system, and a MUD portal with integrated Amiga Tinyfugue
- Custom Amiga ASCII theme by the sysop aNACHRONiST(1st Place Winner Evoke 2018 Amiga ASCII Compo) with an optional unique animation system
- Movie Night, the most advanced BBS movie and TV mod out there! See what’s playing now in theaters, what’s coming soon, trending movies and TV shows, look up movies and shows to view extensive information, and even flag coming soon titles for notfication via system mail upon release!
- Newsfeed, the most advanced BBS newsfeed scroller in existence, written from the ground up by the sysop. Completely customizable and supports thousands of news sources and searches millions of articles!
- Wyrmwood RPGBBS- An entire subboard that is an RPG-BBS hybrid based on Hack & Slash Amiga RPGBBS
- FTN Areas including RetroNet, C=Net, and ArakNet
- Massive Art Gallery including support for font switching on modern terminals such as Syncterm or Netrunner
- Amiga Scene Repository with thousands of files archives from legendary boards such as Boondocks as well as the latest Amiga releases
- Miskatonic Library which offers hyperlinked horror and short stories from H.P. Lovecraft, Stephen King, and others as well as a nonfiction section.
- *New* games developed and released such as the hilarious Bad Libs!
- Much More! This is a very active Amiga BBS and new features are constantly being released. Come check it out!
Kindly visit using a capable terminal such as Syncterm(recommended and free!) or Netrunner. Windows default telnet, mTelnet, etc are NOT supported and will give you errors and mangle the artwork. This board offers an optional Classic Mode for Amiga and retro terminals that disables the unique animation system and affects some text placement as well. Our new user process is needlessly excessive and is about to undergo an overhaul. For now power through it- it’s worth it!
Real BBS – Real Apple II – Real 5.25 Disks
A 80’s Apple II BBS is running on a real Apple IIe with real 5.25 Duodisk. The Software is GBBS Pro V1.2 DOS3.3 – developed at the beginning 1980’s.
This is a real Apple II BBS, a real BBS with the hardware setup from the beginning 80’s – the Apple, the disks, the clock card a.s.o. … nothing is built past 1984.
You will have to wait from time to time till the disks have uploaded the data. You will have to understand how a board developed at the beginning 80’s works. And then … you will be a member of an exclusive group of people who share information and knowledge on the board and who enjoy this great feeling of the real BBS-Style!
The 8 Bit Wiki Board – where to find all about and all for your classic computer.
Cloud Service for all classic computer.
The War Games Game.
ASCII Art Gallery.
Moreover are a lot of VisiCalc sheets for download offered.
Enjoy the board!
Alpha Centauri is my nostalgic attempt to have my first WWIV board up and running. Currently there has been a resurrection of WWIVnet and it is operational and networked with more than 12 other WWIV boards at this time. If you are interested in technical conversation about WWIV software, this is the place. Also have some door games up and running for those who like to play as well. Just be aware this is on port 2002.
Based in Dunedin, New Zealand this BBS is a reincarnation of a system that operated from Hamilton, New Zealand around 1993-1995.
Back in 1995 Agency BBS used Renegade BBS software and was a member of several message networks including RGSNet, FidoNet, DemiMonde and LocNet.
These days the BBS runs using Mystic BBS software and is active in the fsxNet message network. Mystic is cool software that is still actively under development. The sysop (Avon) is happy to help new users set this software up for themselves should they be interested.
Agency BBS aims to cater for users worldwide who would like to experience and enjoy a bit of retro ‘old school’ technology that’s still alive and well in today’s Internet / website / email etc. dominated world.
Archaic Binary is an easy to use BBS open to the public. Lots to do! I have created the majority of doors myself, tools available for playing around. Door games locally and via game networks. We have active message areas, local and networked. Advanced security available with SyncTERM using SSH (username/password in SyncTERM is archaic/binary, you will authenticate later), Two Factor Authentication on accounts, SFTP Access available to files.
Custom Doors like; Your Local Weather, Reddit Reader, Justice Stats & Crime Stats from DoJ, NASA Astronaut Photo of the Day, Live Data from Religion of Peace, BBS Listings pulled monthly from “The Telnet BBS Guide”, Torrent Searching, and USCCA Stories, and Small Pastebin door that allows public and private pastes.
Some doors are integrated with access via HTTPS (USCCA, Pastebins, etc…) links are generated with my home-made link shorting service, Archaic.Link
Home of ArchaicNET the public BBS File Sharing Network.
No need for archaic ZModem/XModem/YModem protocols on Archaic Binary, instead “HTTPmodem” will generate short links and allow you to download files over HTTP/HTTPS. Legacy protocols are still available for expert users.
Join our Discord server for notifications, updates, announcements and more: https://discord.gg/Vt3Bskh
Archaic Binary is also home to some free BBS door/binary releases: https://www.archaicbinary.net/releases
This is the leading support center for Virtual Bulletin Board System (VBBS) and Virtual Advanced BBS (VADV) software. The AT2K Design BBS features many support forums, and networked message bases as well as files and the most popular door games available. So, if you want to learn more about this software, or if you are just looking for a fun place to visit, come check us out!